Two business days (48hrs) notice prior to the scheduled appointment is necessary to book a reservation.
Reservations cannot be scheduled:
- Monday – Friday 4:45pm – 7:45am
- All Day Saturday and Sunday’s
- Your request to schedule transportation will not be completed and the agent will advise you that you must call back during reservation hours (Monday-Friday 7:45am – 4:45pm).
When contacting IntelliRide, we will ask questions to verify your identity, such as:
- Your date of birth
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number
- Your Ohana or Medicaid ID number
To help us properly schedule your trip(s), please have the following information available:
- Your pick-up address
- Your doctor’s or facility’s name, address, and telephone number
- The type of service
- The date and time of your medical appointment
- The end time of your appointment, if known
- Any special equipment or people that will ride with you
- The name of your preferred transportation provider, if any
Have a friend, neighbor or relative drive you to your appointment. The driver will get 50 cents for each mile they drive you. Call the Reservations line for assistance or more information.
Have the flexibility to schedule your trips or make changes. Call the reservations line at (866) 790-8858 Ext. 1 for assistance with setting up your account.
- You will need to provide an email address.
- Write down your log-in information.
- The reservationists will email you a link to access your online account.
- Click on the link and change your password. If you forget your password, click on ‘Forgot Password?’ to reset the password.
- Go to https://gointelliride.com/ohp/.
- Watch the Ecolane Self-Service video for a tutorial on how to use the website.
Benefits of the Self-Service Portal
- Ability to make reservations
- Cancel reservations
- Modify reservations
- View trip information such as the time of arrival—please keep in mind that times are subject to change on the day of service.
Family, friends, or caregivers can make reservations, cancel, modify and view the website, if you give them consent.
On the day of your trip, please be ready at least 10-15 minutes before your driver arrives. Your driver will wait up to 15 minutes before departing.
If you have waited more than 15 minutes after your scheduled pick up time, call us at (866) 481-9699.
In the event that a transportation provider is late, a dedicated phone line is available to inquire about the status oftheir ride. The line is called the “Ride Assist” line, please call this dedicated number and “DO NOT” call the transportation company directly. IntelliRide must document the time of your call and dispatch the closest vehicle, so we reduce your wait time.
The reservations center is closed on the following days:
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
Your request to schedule transportation will not be completed and the agent will advise you that you must call back during the day after the holiday and IntelliRide will apply the “same day/urgent” request policy if the request applies.
Once your appointment is finished, you should call the “Ride Assist” phone number and request transportation be sent to pick you up. The transportation provider will be dispatched and will have up to ninety minutes (90) to arrive for the member’s return ride. However, IntelliRide’s goal is to always send the closest vehicle,which will reduce wait time. Call the “Ride Assist” phone number as soon as you know the member will be ready for pick up, we want to reduce wait time as much as possible.
Such trips should be true urgent conditions (not 911) where a physician is requiring you to be seen the same day or the next day. We understand that appointments open and we are dedicated to working closely with Facilities and provide the member will the most efficient service experience. IntelliRide will verify that the doctor’s officehas an appointment schedule with you, confirming nothing has changed before the trip request is scheduled.
IntelliRide is dedicated to supporting the medical community, it is important for us to work together and understand that purpose of the “urgent trips”, which is less that the 48 hours noticed required when scheduling non-medical transportation:
- Doctors’ appointments deemed urgent by physician
- Dialysis (any change to the schedule, please notify IntelliRide immediately)
- Wound care
- Chemotherapy (any change to the schedule, please notify IntelliRide immediately)
The level of service describes the type of service needed to transport a member. A member can travel by one of several levels of service based on their physical needs. See below:
- Mass Transit – Where available and suitable for the physical condition of the member. We will provide monthly Bus passes to all applicable. This will be the mode of transportation for ambulatory members who reside less than 3/4 of a mile from a transit stop, 3/4 of a mile from the medical office and can walk that distance unescorted. IntelliRide’s system can determine your eligibility and if you refuse to take this service, you must get a “Medical Necessity Form” from yourprimary physician and your doctor must send this form to Ohana Health Plan for approval. Until IntelliRide receives theapproved “Medical Necessity Form”, you are required to take “The Bus”.
- Handi Van – Handi Van eligible riders can be sent Handi Van coupons for all trips scheduled through IntelliRide. Just letthe IntelliRide reservation specialist know you are eligible to ride “Handi Van” and they will work with you to get the rightamount of passes out to you via mail.
- Mileage Reimbursement – friend or family member can transport the eligible Ohana member to their medicalappointment and be reimbursed a “per mile” rate of .50 cents per mile. Drivers current Insurance, Registration, Driver license and W-9 form is required.
- Ambulatory – This is a member who is able to walk on their own or with the assistance of a walker or cane and able to be picked up and dropped off at the curb. This is curb-to- curb transportation.
- Ambulatory Door to Door – This level of service requires a medical necessity form to be on file. The medical necessity form is completed by a medical professional who has determined that the ADD level of service is medically necessary. This service requires the driver to assist you from the door the of your home to the door of the medical office. The driver is“NOT” allowed to go through the door, ride in an elevator to additional floors in the medical facility or assist through several doors which leads to the check in desk, etc.
- Wheelchair – Available to members confined to a wheelchair that due to either physical weakness or mental impairment they must travel with their own wheelchair. If assistance is needed, the member is required to have an escort 21 years or older. Intelliride does not provide escort services.
- Stretcher – Available to members who cannot transport in a wheelchair due to either a physical weakness or may be bedridden and do not require any monitoring during transport.
- Inter-Island transports – Prior authorization from Ohana Health Plan is required for Inter-Island transports.
- Non-Emergent ALS/BLS Ambulance – Only available when a facility or hospital requests this level of service.
- Air Ambulance – Prior Authorization is required for Air Ambulance transports
Member’s transportation can be arranged with IntelliRide for the following islands: Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kauai, East Hawaii (Kona) and West Hawaii (HILO)
Please tell us your preferred transportation provider when scheduling transportation. IntelliRide will note the request on the trip and will do everything they can to honor the facility’s request, depending on availability of the transportation provider and/or if the preferred provider is a participant in the IntelliRide network. Even though the request will be documented, trip assignment will be based on routing criteria, closest vehicle and transportation compliance. IntelliRide does not guarantee that a preferred provider will be assigned based on a request.
Contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week to request an urgent trip, cancel your appointment or to check the status of your ride.
Normal business hours will not apply on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. For appointments scheduled on a holiday, trips will still be performed. The holiday schedule may be subject to change.