At IntelliRide, we focus on providing safe and timely transportation to give Medicaid members more flexibility, freedom and control over their personal health. In Hawaii, we need a strong network of independent drivers and transportation providers.
If you or someone you know is interested in serving fellow locals, take the first step in joining our network. Check out the requirements for service and call our provider line at (808) 237-2953. A member of our team will follow up within three business days.
To start the process:
- Transportation providers must obtain a valid Medicaid Provider ID number with the Department of Human Services (DHS) Med-QUEST Division. Please register on Med-QUEST’s website.
- Obtain an approved docket filed with the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC).
- Submit an interest form.
A member of the IntelliRide team will follow up within three business days of receiving the interest form to review the next steps. This will include an in-depth discussion about driver and vehicle credentialing.
Before assigning a member to a driver or transportation provider’s care, we ensure the driver and vehicle meet the minimum requirements for service.
Transportation providers must submit a driver roster listing all drivers that will be assigned trips. All drivers must submit current documentation showing proof of the following:
- SAM & OIG Exclusion Check
- Copy of Driver License with verification of years of age 21
- Sex Offender Registry Check for both State and National
- Motor vehicle report
- Criminal background check
- 10 Panel Drug Screen
- Medical Exam to determine drivers’ health and ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Training certificates
- CTAA PASS Training
- CPR & First-Aid Certification
- Defensive Driving
- HIPAA agreement to safeguard client information
IntelliRide will inspect all vehicles planned for use before assigning trips and at least once per year thereafter. Vehicles adequately maintained and meet all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state, federal and manufacturer safety and mechanical operating and maintenance standards, will be approved for service.
Rates and service negotiations will be discussed with each transportation provider upon satisfying IntelliRide’s credentialing requirements. Credentialed drivers and transportation providers will be added to IntelliRide’s list of approved transportation providers.
If you have additional questions about joining the IntelliRide network or credentialing, please call the Provider Line at (808) 237-2953 during normal business hours, 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday – Friday.