IntelliRide manages the network of transportation providers credentialed to provide Urgent Transportation under the State’s Health First Colorado NEMT benefit.
What is Urgent Transportation?
Transportation to an appointment for a Medicaid covered medical service with verification from a physician or facility that the member must be seen or picked up from a discharged appointment when there is less than 48 hours’ notice.
Program Policies and Procedures and Scheduling
Medical facilities call the Urgent Transportation providers directly, and trips do not need to be scheduled through IntelliRide. Contact information for credentialed Urgent Transportation providers is listed on IntelliRide’s website to allow direct contact from facilities and medical providers.
- A medical facility will call the number listed on IntelliRide’s website to request a ride for a member. It is critical that this information remains up to date and accurate.
- If completing an Urgent trip request, the member must be picked up within 2 hours the trip was requested.
- The transportation provider can decide if they are able to complete the urgent trip, based on availability.
Urgent Transportation Billing
- Urgent Transportation Providers must submit all claims to the NEMT Broker IntelliRide for processing.
- Providers have up to 24 hours after the trip has occurred to submit documentation to IntelliRide for payment.
- For information about billing, the current fee schedule and the process for submitting claims, please see the department’s billing manual.
There is no higher rate, or financial incentive for delivering Urgent transportation services. All procedure codes and rates are the same as standard NEMT.
Because urgent trips are not prescheduled through the broker, the provider accepts the risk that they may not be reimbursed if a member is not Medicaid eligible the day the trip occurs
Becoming an Urgent Transportation Provider
To become a provider of Urgent Transportation, you must:
- Complete the process of enrolling as a Medicaid provider for Nonemergency Medical Transportation (NEMT), by following the process outlined on the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing’s website.
- Contact IntelliRide to set up a time to complete the credentialing required to provide Urgent Transportation
- If you are already an enrolled NEMT provider for Health First Colorado, you can contact IntelliRide directly and request credentialing to deliver Urgent Transportation services.
- If you are an Urgent Transportation Provider and need to update your information, please call or email IntelliRide directly at (855) 489-4999 or email@example.com
Current Urgent Transportation Providers
ARAPAHOE TRANSPORTATION, LLC
Travel Paradise Vacations
Lucky You Transportation
Afro Care LLC
Amazing Love Transportation
Brothers Airport Express LLC
Adams county/Aurora/Broomfield/Denver/Douglas County/Jefferson/Westminster
City Wide Medical Transport
Go Medical Rides
Falck Rocky Mountain
Adams/ Arapahoe/Boulder/Broomfield/Denver/Douglas/El Paso/Jefferson
Monaco Adult Day Care
Sky 2 LLC
Sunshine Universal Transportation
Shalom Transportation LLC