As a Member of the Health First Colorado plan, you have rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- Access accurate and current information about the transportation program, processes, policies and services available to you.
- Be treated with respect and consideration for your privacy and dignity
- Get information in a way you can easily understand
- Get information about transportation options that meet your medical needs
- Ask for and get a copy of all materials in an accessible format
- Get quality transportation services in a timely and coordinated way
- Use your transportation rights without fear of poor treatment
- Be free from discrimination based on race, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, creed, political beliefs, disability or health status
- Ask for free translation services
- The right to be treated with respect and dignity, including respect for your privacy.
- The right to obtain available and accessible services under the Contract.
- The right to file a complaint without retaliation.
You also have certain responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- The responsibility to comply with applicable state, local, and federal laws during transport.
- The responsibility to comply with the rules, procedures, and policies contained in the Contract.
- The responsibility to obtain authorization for NEMT services.
- The responsibility to not engage in violent, disruptive, or illegal conduct while utilizing NEMT services.
- The responsibility to cancel trips if the ride is no longer needed, except in emergency situations or when the member is otherwise unable to cancel.
- Understand your rights or ask questions for assistance in understanding these rights
- Follow the processes outlined within this handbook
- Treat other members, drivers and IntelliRide staff with respect
- Pay for services that are not covered by the non-emergency medical or non-medical transportation program
- Tell IntelliRide if you have other means or transportation or if you have address changes
- Ask questions when you do not understand or want to learn more