You must give at least 3 business days before the date and time of your requested trip. If you were discharged from the hospital within the past 3 days please let the agent know and they will make an exception to this rule(Business Days are Monday through Friday.)
Trip requests can only be made during Business Days (Monday through Friday) between the hours of 7:45am and 5pm HST. Trip requests cannot be scheduled outside of these times. You will be instructed to call back during business hours to book your trip.
When calling IntelliRide, we will ask you questions to verify your identity, such as:
- Your date of birth
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number
- Your Medicaid or Medicare ID number
Intelliride will also need:
- Your pick-up address
- Your doctor’s or facility’s name, address, and telephone number
- The type of service
- The date and time of your medical appointment
- The end time of your appointment, if known
- Any special equipment or people that will ride with you
- The name of your preferred transportation provider, if any
You may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the travel cost to go to your approved medical appointment. Contact IntelliRide to request approval for reimbursement before you travel. Should you have a medical need to have an escort, you and one approved escort may be reimbursed for your meals. The limit is $30 per person per day. You must submit your receipts that show specific items that you purchased to IntelliRide within 30 days of your return. Summary receipts (receipts excluding the specific items purchased) will not be accepted.
Have a friend, neighbor or relative drive you to your appointment. The driver will get 50 cents for each mile they drive you. Call the Reservations line for help or more information.
Where you can schedule trips, make changes, check on your ride by using our Self-Service Portal and Ecolane App. Ask an IntelliRide agent for help getting an account. Once you have an account you can start using the portal.
You can call the numbers below for help with setting up your account.
- Medicaid: 808-763-2100
- Medicare: 808-763-2101
- You will need an email address.
- Write down your log-in information.
- The agent will email you a link to access your online account.
- Click on the link and change your password. If you forget your password, click on ‘Forgot Password?’ to reset the password.
Benefits of the Self-Service Portal
- Make reservations
- Cancel reservations
- Change reservations
- View trip information such as the time of arrival—please keep in mind that times are subject to change on the day of service.
- Your family, friends, or caregivers can also make reservations, cancel, change and view the website. You only need to give them permission.
On the day of your trip, please be ready at least 10-15 minutes before your driver arrives. Your driver will wait up to 15 minutes before leaving.
If you have waited more than 15 minutes after your scheduled pick-up time, please call the member services line.
Medicaid: 808-973-0712 Option #2
In order for IntelliRide to send a vehicle as fast as possible, please DO NOT call the transportation company directly. IntelliRide will make a note of the time of your call and send the closest vehicle.
If you are scheduled to ride with TheCab, please call (808) 422-2222. Let TheCab dispatcher know that you are riding with IntelliRide and that you are ready for pickup. They will send a vehicle to your pick-up location.
The reservations center is closed on the following days:
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
If you call to schedule a ride during a holiday, an agent will advise you to call back the next business day. IntelliRide will apply the “same day/urgent” request policy if the request applies.
When your appointment is finished, you should call the member services line to request a ride to pick you up. The transportation provider will be called. To help decrease the total wait time, please call as soon as you know you are ready to be picked up. Please note, it may take up to sixty minutes (60) for your ride to arrive.
If your doctor need you to be seen on the same day or the next day but it is not an emergency (911), this is called an urgent trip request. We understand that sometimes this happens at the last minute and we will work with your doctor’s office to provide you the fastest possible service. IntelliRide will check to make sure that the doctor’s office has an appointment scheduled with you before scheduling your ride to make sure that nothing has changed.
We understand sometimes there may be less than 48 hours’ notice when scheduling medical transportation. IntelliRide is dedicated to supporting the medical community. We will work with you and your doctor when you have an “urgent trip”.
- Doctors’ appointments deemed urgent by physician
- Dialysis (any change to the schedule, please notify IntelliRide immediately)
- Wound care
- Chemotherapy (any change to the schedule, please notify IntelliRide immediately)
The type of transportation service needed to transport a member will be based on their physical need. A member can travel by one of several levels. See below:
- Mass Transit – If available and appropriate for the physical condition of the member. We will provide monthly Bus passes to all applicable. This is for members who are able to walk 3/4 of a mile to the bus stop from their home or medical appointment without an escort. IntelliRide’s system can check if this is the right type of service. If members do not want to use this service, they must get a “Medical Necessity Form” from their doctor and their doctor must send this form to AlohaCare for approval. Until IntelliRide receives the approved “Medical Necessity Form”, members are required to take “The Bus”.
- Handi Van – Members who are eligible can be sent Handi Van coupons for all trips scheduled through IntelliRide. Members must let the IntelliRide agent know that they are eligible to ride the “Handi Van”. IntelliRide will work with members and mail them the right amount of passes.
- Mileage Reimbursement – friend or family member can transport the eligible AlohaCare member to their medical appointment. Drivers who are eligible can be paid 50 cents per mile. Drivers must have current Insurance, Registration, Driver license and W-9 form.
- Ambulatory – This is a member who is able to walk on their own or with the assistance of a walker or cane and able to be picked up and dropped off at the curb. This is curb-to- curb transportation.
- Ambulatory Door to Door (ADD) – This service requires a medical necessity form to be on file. The medical necessity form is completed by a medical professional who has determined the medical need for ADD level of service. Drivers will assist members from the door of their home to the door of the medical office. The driver is NOT allowed to go through the door, ride in an elevator, or assist members through several doors that lead to the check in desk, etc.
- Wheelchair – Available to members confined to a wheelchair. This may be due to physical weakness or mental impairment. These members must travel with their own wheelchair. If help is needed, the member will need an escort 21 years or older. IntelliRide does not provide escort services.
- Stretcher – Available to members who have a physical weakness. These members cannot transport in a wheelchair or are bedridden. These members do not need any monitoring during transport.
- Inter-Island transports – Prior authorization from AlohaCare is required for Inter-Island transports.
- Non-Emergent ALS/BLS Ambulance – Only available when a facility or hospital requests this level of service
- Air Ambulance – Prior Authorization is required for Air Ambulance transports
Member’s transportation can be arranged with IntelliRide for the following islands: Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kauai, East Hawaii (Kona) and West Hawaii (HILO)