At IntelliRide, we focus on providing safe and timely transportation to give Medicaid members more flexibility, freedom and control over their personal health. In Hawaii, we need a strong network of independent drivers and transportation providers.
If you or someone you know is interested in serving fellow locals, take the first step in joining our network. Check out the requirements for service and call our provider line at (808) 237-2953. A member of our team will follow up within three business days.
To start the process:
- Transportation providers must obtain a valid Medicaid Provider ID number with the Department of Human Services (DHS) Med-QUEST Division (Form 1139).
- Obtain an approved docket filed with the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC).
- Submit an interest form to IntelliRide.
- A member of the IntelliRide team will follow up within three business days of receiving the interest form to review the next steps. This will include an in-depth discussion about driver and vehicle credentialing.
Before assigning a member to a driver or transportation provider’s care, we ensure the driver and vehicle meet the minimum requirements for service.
Transportation providers must submit a driver roster listing all drivers that will be assigned trips. All drivers must submit current documentation showing proof of the following:
- Criminal background check
- Motor vehicle report
- Driver license copy
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Training certificates (ie. CTAA- PASS certification)
- HIPAA agreement to safeguard client information
IntelliRide will inspect all vehicles planned for use before assigning trips and at least once per year thereafter. Vehicles adequately maintained and meet all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state, federal and manufacturer safety and mechanical operating and maintenance standards, will be approved for service.
Rates and service negotiations will be discussed with each transportation provider upon satisfying IntelliRide’s credentialing requirements. Credentialed drivers and transportation providers will be added to IntelliRide’s list of approved transportation providers.
If you have additional questions about joining the IntelliRide network or credentialing, please call the Provider Line at (808) 237-2953 during normal business hours, 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday – Friday.